Vitcos - Machu Picchu in 5 days / 4 nights
Day 1 : Cusco - Quillabamba - Huancacalle (L, D)
3:00 a.m. travel by car for 5 hours to 3 hours until Quillabamba Huancacalle at Hostal de la Familia Cobos . When we get there we will catch a nice lunch and a comfortable bed to spend the night . Afternoon visit the city and the Hispanic Ñusta Vitcos . This city belonged in the beginning to Manco Inca and later his son Tito Cusi Yupanqui. It is strategically located in the middle of Choquequirao , Machu Picchu and Espiritu Pampa
Day 2 : Huancacalle - Hatum Pampa (B, L, D)
Early morning we started a slight increase of 3 hours through the ravine to the Tinaycasa Yuntaycasa pampa. This entire section is Inca Trail . After crossing this open descend for 2 hours in the Aracachaca ravine to the river and a final climb of 1 hour to Hatum Pampa. Here we camp at the foot of the snowy Cairn .
Day 3 : Hatun Pampa - Incawasi (B, L, D)
After breakfast 3 hours to ascend the pass Cairn , where we will enjoy the flight of the condors and other birds like hawks and ducks. Then comes a long descent to Incawasi 3 hours , where we camp.
Day 4 : Incawasi - Aguas Calientes (B, L)
After a delicious breakfast, a walk in flat for 2 hours until Yanatile . Here we will take a bus to Santa Teresa. Then cross the bridge and take the 0roya a truck to Hydropower for lunch. Then take the train to Aguas Calientes, where we will rest at an inn .
* We recommend to bring your swimsuit for the hot springs of Aguas Calientes.
Day 5 : Machu Picchu - Cusco ( D )
Early rise in bus to Machu Picchu, we checked in and started our 2.5 hour guided visit. Depends if you want to customer to Puente del Inca walk freely or visit the citadel . If you want to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu additional cost . In the afternoon return to Aguas Calientes where you can have lunch freely. If you want you can walk 25 minutes to the hot springs . An hour and a meeting point for the group be set in the village of Aguas Calientes where you embark on the train back to Cusco.
6.45 pm - 8.18 pm Train Expedition Agua Calientes - Ollantaytambo
8.30 pm - 10.30 pm Transfer from Ollantaytambo station to your hotel in Cusco in private service or Exhilaration square in Cusco (one block from the Plaza de Armas of Cusco) in shared service.
B: Breakfast , L: Lunch , D: Dinner
• Professional guide English / Spanish
• Private transportation from your hotel in Cusco until Huancacalle
• Porters , Horsemen and mules to carry all the luggage camping
• Mules to carry the team their large backpacks , maximum 7 kg
• Cook and assistant cook
• All meals on the road ( breakfast, lunch , dinner , lunch and snacks )
• Dining tent with tables and chairs
• Kitchen tent
• Double tents for two. It is very comfortable and safe for your backpacks . Our tents are 3 seasons and this year
• Matras (insulated sleeping mats)
• Accommodation for all our staff
• First Aid Kit
• 1 night accommodation in a guesthouse in Huancacalle
• 1 night accommodation in a double room in 3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes
• Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
• Bus up and down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
• Expedition Train back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantatyambo
• Transfers from the train station to Cusco